Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is accepting applications from interested youth to participate in an Accountability, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Workshop under its project “Improving youth participation in public policy decision-making”, supported by the Commonwealth Foundation.
Young men and women represent a significant portion of Ghana’s population, with about 60% of the population under the age of 25 and 35% between ages 15-35. They constitute a unique group within society. While they are often considered one of the most vulnerable groups within the social fabric, they are also regarded as the greatest source of hope for the nation’s future. Mobilising the creativity and passion of youth, and recognising the unique perspective of youth on their current and future needs have become national and international priorities.
The project seeks to provide an opportunity to increase youth participation in youth policy formulation through a unique crowdsourcing, youth-led methodology: accessing information, enhancing knowledge, sharing learning, gathering feedback, generating evidence, building the evidence base, and engaging the political class.
The main aim of the Accountability, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Workshop is to build the capacities of the youth to effectively demand accountability from duty bearers and also to improve their articulation of youth issues, perspectives and policy recommendations.
- Open to young people between 18 -29 years (inclusive of both ages) across the country interested in public policy and youth-related issues.
- Be a member of a youth/student group or association at local or national level
- Youth /student group must be a member of the Voices of Youth Coalition and duly registered in the Ghana Youth Directory. You can register for free at ghanayouthdirectory.org
- Be willing and available to attend a residential workshop
- Available to implement your personal/group action plan after the workshop
- Women are encouraged to apply
- Shortlisted applicants are not required to pay to participate in the workshop
- Fill out application via https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSckrV_kI9j8O1xEql2RED9czIJE9dJh4ZCfOPydJJbMNVjI-w/viewform?c=0&w=1
- All entries must be received by March 9, 2018
|Application Deadline||March 9|
|Longlisting & Phone Interviews||March 12 – 14|
|Selection & Notification of Selected Applicants||March 15 – 19|
|Workshop||March 26 – 29|
For More Information, contact:
Obaa Akua Konadu
Policy & Advocacy Manager
Telephone: 0204968353 / 0302 510000
No. 16 Prince of Peace School Link
Off UPSA – ATRACO Road, East Legon