Deadline – 18th June, 2019
Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. At YES-Ghana, we envision a world where every young person has a real chance to benefit from and participate in the development processes at local, national and international levels.
YES-Ghana, in partnership with 100% for the Children, Denmark, is implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Youth Action Campaign, an ambitious youth-led initiative that would revolutionise effective youth participation and demystify the development process for young people. The initiative is proactive because it stimulates youth action right from the outset of the SDGs and positions youth as important actors over the next fifteen years of Ghana’s pursuit of achieving the SDGs. As part of the project activities is the SDG Youth Essay Competition, that seeks to provide an opportunity for young people in all regions of the country to express their views and aspirations, as well as offer perspectives on critical development issues. Five (5) essays will be awarded with cash prizes, with all shortlisted entrants receiving certificates of recognition.
SCOPE OF WORK
The work of the assessors is mainly to:
- Contribute to finalisation of the marking scheme for the assessment for the essay competition
- Mark all essay entries based on the agreed marking scheme
- Prepare an excel and narrative report detailing the essays by rankings, observations and other relevant information
- Assess shortlisted candidates in a second level assessment to determine top 5 performers
- Participate in the award ceremony
Assessors are expected to be engaged from July – August 2019. However, marking of all entries is slated for 13th July – 31st July.
YES-Ghana offers a competitive package for selected assessors.
YES-Ghana will engage the services of candidates who have the following qualification and skills:
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Sociology, Development Studies, Youth & Development and related fields. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in similar assignments
- A good knowledge on SDGs
- Familiar with the development and socio-economic context of Ghana
- Experience working as an examiner with the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) or a lecturer at the tertiary level
- An independent mind of judgment and impartial
- Attentive to details
- Good command over written English
YES-Ghana will engage the services of assessors across Ghana. Selected assessors should be willing to travel to Accra to meet the National Committee (where necessary), and also participate in the second level assessment and award ceremony.
Interested applicants should send an email expressing your interest. Attach a detailed CV and your WAEC examiner appointment letter (if applicable) within the last 3 years to email@example.com.
Please use ‘Youth Essay Competition Assessors’ as the subject of your email
Deadline for applications 18th June, 2019 by 5pm.